Unfortunately, HVAC units fail during times , when they are needed the most. Whether it is the cooling unit that stops working during the hottest day, or the heating unit that stops working during the coldest day.
Even though there are a multitude of causes for cooling and heating systems to fail, there are a few common reasons that cause a system to experience a decrease in performance or completely fail to work.
Most Common Reasons Cooling Systems Fail
• Wiring Failure: If the unit is old, a wire may have become worn to the point of causing a failure in the electrical system.
• Low Refrigerant: If there is a leak in the cooling system, an inadequate level of refrigerant in the unit will cause the unit to blow cool or warm air.
• Frozen Coil: This is an indication of a lack of adequate air flow, it’s usually the result of a blocked air duct or dirty air filter.
• Wrong Size: A unit designed to cool a small house will not be powerful enough to adequately cool a large two story house.
• Wear and Tear: It may just be time to retire the old unit and buy a new unit. A cooling unit is an appliance, it wears out over time as any other appliance would.
Most Common Reasons Heating Systems Fail
• Thermostat failure: The thermostat controls the amount of heat and tells the system when to produce heat. Their failure is commonplace, because of their constant use.
• Dirty Filters: A clogged filter will put a strain on the heating system, causing a reduction in performance or a complete system failure.
• Ignition System Failure: If this system becomes inoperative or operates intermittently, it will eventually cause a complete shutdown of the system.
• Blower Motor Failure: The system will continue to turn on and heat, but the heating unit will be unable to circulate the warm air.
• Wear and Tear: The failure of any of the many mechanical parts of the heating unit may cause the unit’s performance to decrease or the entire unit to fail.
HVAC systems are just like any other appliance, they require regular maintenance and an older system may require replacement. A quality HVAC system can maintain peak performance through many hot summers and cold winters, if proper maintenance is performed at regular intervals. When something does fail, don’t panic, it may be an inexpensive and quick repair.
Winter is nearly here! To get the best advice on winterizing your Ft. Lauderdale home, call ob欧宝体育棋牌 at 954-241-2523 today.