Oct 6, 2011
A home that is plagued with damp and humid conditions is a breeding ground for molds and mildew. Another common allergen in the form of dust mites also thrive in high humidity. Not only that, but it is an uncomfortable environment to live in on a daily basis. Having a whole house dehumidifier system in your home can remove more moisture from the air in less time than a portable unit can. Whole house dehumidifiers are designed to reduce and manage the humidity levels for your entire living area. They also run less often and consume less energy in the long-run, compared to a portable dehumidifier. Whole house dehumidifiers are attached to your furnace, so they do not take up space in your main living rooms. Also, they can be connected to the buildings drainage system so you never need to empty out collected water.
If you or your family members suffer from asthma or allergies, you should know that this can be caused by moisture that is present in the home. This moisture can be affecting the health of you and your family but it can also be affecting the walls, ceilings, floor and furnishings within the house. The obvious benefit from using a dehumidifier is the health risks are being dealt with. Allergens such as mold are having the conditions in which they thrive removed. Dust mites also thrive in high humidity conditions and lowering the humidity below their preferred level will help to reduce the dust mite numbers. Also, your furnishings will be protected from mold and mildew damage that accompanies a high humidity environment. Homes with hardwood floors run the risk of warped floors from the swelling that may come from the excess moisture in the air.
Installing a whole house dehumidifier can improve your home's indoor air quality, make your home feel cooler, prevent condensation, and save on your energy bill. However, if your home is humid, you may be dealing with issues such as mold, mildew, peeling paint, breathing problems and heavy, uncomfortable air. By having a whole house dehumidifier installed in your home, you will be able to enjoy many benefits, such as better health, improved sleep, clean air with less allergens, and you will be protecting your belongings from damage from mold, mildew, water spots and warping. It is a great investment for the health of you and your family and for your home as well. One that is well worth it, especially in the savings on your energy bill!